Mesh Mashup


The Hand Mixer (electric)

The Hand mixer is a play on the object that is the hand mixer. I think it is interesting to highlight the function of an object which is very common. The function of the hand mixer is to replace the work that a hand would do if you were to mix dough by hand, and so by  attaching the hand to the hand mixer, it becomes something new and unexpected while still possibly being functional (just not as practical). 














responding to crit feedback

people really liked my stand mixer as well as the hand mixer because they have a surreal quality. They said that it would be cool if the legs were fully rendered and they said I should stick with a bright colour. I chose to keep the feedback of the bright colour but I did not want to render the hands as skin. 

process

I have never used rhino before so I struggled a bit with the technical aspect but I think the rendering thing is really cool so I want to try and improve. 

I tried to edit the mesh by separating the mixers from the stick with a flat plane (so I can remove the mixers)
this is my first render. I couldn't figure out how to duplicate the hand in order to attach the second one so I decided to take a break and come back to it. I'm not sure what the issue was because when I tried copy pasting it later, it worked fine. I chose to leave the hands white because I didn't want them to be the main focus of the object, I wanted them to be a little detail on a seemingly normal hand mixer.



Comments

Popular Posts