Paper craft research

In my research, (https://www.pixartprinting.co.uk/blog/zim-and-zou/#:~:text=As%20paper%20artisans%2C%20they%20handcraft,its%20unique%20and%20personal%20touch.) I learned that the artists cut and assemble all of their pieces by hand, even all of the little tiny details. I find this very impressive because of the sheer volume of details, and because I don’t think I would have the patience to do that, especially with another individual. I appreciate how many of their artworks have a positive message or a deeper meaning, even though they are often found int the window displays for luxury brands such as Hermes. I resonate with the aspect of their art which is the way which they inspire viewers to look closer, and awaken emotion through colour, which combined with their meticulous attention to small details, create a narrative within the piece.

I was drawn to the Hermes window displays made by Zim & Zou, as I really really like window displays and think they are a super under rated form of advertisement/artwork. I have always been drawn to miniature creation because I liked building sets and houses for my toys to live in when I was younger, and I often repurposed everything I possibly could from our recycling bin into furniture and accessories for my tiny houses. I believe that creation of miniature things, seeing something large and imagining its possibilities as a miniature (like a bottle cap as a sink for example) was one of the foundations of my creativity in all aspects of the art I do now. It allowed me to think outside the box, and imagine what else I could use that box to create. I also really love the bright colours and palette used in this art as well



I love small forest things with all kinds of little details that you have to look really really closely to see. It is a motif in my own artwork and perhaps that is another reason I was drawn to it.

These are some pieces of my own artwork which remind me a little bit of the window displays 







 


Comments

Popular Posts